Connect to people in your neighborhood and be a part of what God is doing there!
Explore the Local Gatherings below—we’ve listed them by date and also on a map. Once you sign up, you’ll get an email from the host of your Local Gathering with more details.
Click on the map to find a Local Gathering by neighborhood.
Local Gatherings are:
February01 Wednesday 08 Wednesday 10 Friday 11 Saturday 15 Wednesday 15 Wednesday 22 Wednesday 22 Wednesday
COVID-19 protocols vary by Local Gathering
- Indoor, public meals (i.e. at a restaurant) - all guests must be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in keeping with current NYC guidelines)
- Indoor meals at a host’s home - the host’s safety protocols will be included in their Local Gathering’s registration page. Click on a specific Local Gathering to learn more.
- Service opportunities - each organization has its own safety protocols. Please sign-up and ask your host for more information.
We ask that all who attend Local Gatherings abide by these guidelines:
- Follow the safety protocols that apply to your Local Gathering.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19, please decline from attending.
If you attended a Local Gathering and subsequently test positive for COVID-19, please inform your host and follow this recommended guidance. Your host will let the group know (confidentially if you prefer) so each attendee can take the appropriate next steps.
Food these days is a pastime, a destination, an art, and a love language. Eating together is a way of sharing culture, and—best of all—it welcomes others in and makes space for real friendship to grow. You can join potlucks at people’s homes or support local businesses by going to neighborhood restaurants.
Get to know others better through shared hobbies and passions. Whether it’s biking, volleyball, museums, or games, there’s bound to be something exciting to do with people from Redeemer Downtown in your neighborhood. Feel free to invite friends!
Anyone who truly loves New York City wants to make it a more just and peaceful place. One way to do that is by joining a Local Gathering that serves Hope For New York affiliates in your area. Some of the key ministries Redeemer Downtown participates in are the Father’s Heart, the Bowery Mission, and Recovery House of Worship.
Any questions? Want to become a Local Gathering “Host”? Contact [email protected].